Monday, February 2, 2015

BCS Winter Photo Challenge

I have not previously had a blog, but I wanted to submit some photos for Jennifer Buxton's BCS Winter Photo Challenge because that just sounded like fun!! Thanks Jennifer!

1. Vintage:

I found this Ezra Brooks Bourbon decanter from 1971 and had to add it to the shelf.  I'm not sure which came first, the Breyer mule (1969) or this, but I'm guessing the Breyer.  Does "Vintage" apply to Whiskeys as well as wine?

2. Nekkid:


This is what I think of as a "Nekkid" horse on a daily basis: ie nothing left to the imagination!!  I had a radiograph of a model horse which was really cool, but alas I cannot locate it. I will post when I can find it or do another.

3. Scale issues:

Seems appropriate for January :-)

4. I see spots:

I am much more a Paint horse fan than Appaloosa, so here's my version of "Spots".

5. Unbridled passion:

He looks just like a stallion introducing himself to a mare to me.

6. Rare breed:

The ONE and ONLY Panda Tail Ring Snoot - at least that's what we told people she was.  
Because "Mutt" just didn't do her justice!!


7. Portrait:

Portrait I painted around 1993-4 (high school) of myself as a child and my Mom's paint mare Princie.  She was the first "big horse" I got to ride.


8. Conga: 

Unfortunately, my best Conga photo right now. Here's an old photo of my Adios models in the 90s. I have more San Domingo models, but they are still in a box at my parent's house, including the china "Domino".
9. The great outdoors:

I love this photo, a ranch working scene, taken around 2001. The only doll I had at the time was an original Brenda. 

10. Best in show:

Ace of Spades, my very first custom, winning reserve CM western trail at NAN 2001.  I was so floored. I didn't really expect much my first time going.  Everything was made at home, and my mom helped dress the doll.

No comments:

Post a Comment